Review: Jotaro VS Kenshiro

Note: There will be spoilers. Read on, if you dare.

Yes, I willingly chose pink as the color for the sections in this review. Why? Because in a battle between the manliest people, you need the manliest color, which is obviously pink.

Image result for jo jos bizarre adventure all star battle

The Background

Quite a change from Raven VS Twilight Sparkle, huh? Well, I can definitely say I'm a fan. While that would make it seem like this was my favorite episode, it's honestly only as good as other episodes. This is mostly because I really had no connection to either Jojo's Bizarre Adventure or Fist of the North Star, so I couldn't really be hyped up for this match as I was for the others. That being said, this episode was good, as always.

The Analyses

It's tough to talk about the analysis of each character when you really don't remember much from the episode. Apart from the feats mentioned, there really wasn't much that was spectacularly memorable about this episode, which I feel has been a consistent problem with most episodes of Season 5. While they did provide some decent information for both characters, the only real gripe I have with it is Kenshiro's weaknesses. Or rather, his apparent lack of weaknesses. Like, I know he's supposed to be a super cool 90's dude and he probably won't have many weaknesses because of that, but come on. You could've at least said something!

Favorite quote: "...You know, seeing him kill all these people from the inside out reminds me a lot of my ex-wife." - Boomstick, comparing how Kenshiro is able to strike pressure points and cause his opponents to explode from the inside out to his own experiences from working inside other people.

The Animation

Yeah, the animation is really where this episode shines. If Jetz is a God of animation, then Zack is like, the servant of God. I'll admit that the hand-drawn animation was a bit off-putting when I first saw it in the preview, but when the episode came out and it was mostly sprites doing the fighting, I was happy. And the death does kinda show why hand-drawn sprites were needed. How else are you going to make Jotaro explode from the inside out? Not as spectacularly as the episode did! All in all, decent animation with a decent run-time, and a decent background song in "Bizarre Stars." (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zMrmKWA2sDA)

Favorite moment: Joseph Joestar. Not like, one moment in particular, but just Joseph Joestar. Literally every time he said or did something I always busted out laughing. 

The Verdict

Despite me not being super excited for this battle, I still had a decent time with it. While there really weren't too many problems with the episode, it suffers from the same problem as the others: lack of memorability. Well, aside from Joseph. But if you have a side character being more memorable than the main characters, you might've screwed up at some point. Jotaro VS Kenshiro gets a rating of...

7/10

As for next time...

I know it's kinda pointless to talk about the next time, but I can't really help it. My laptop ended up broken and I couldn't really do anything with it out of commission. Anyways, after this is Crash Bandicoot VS Spyro the Dragon, or Crash VS Spyro. Yeah, same kinda feelings as this matchup. Not really super excited, but considering that this episode was better than I thought it would be, I can only imagine how good Crash VS Spyro will be. Hopefully it doesn't "Crash" and burn.

That's all from me. Be sure to keep an eye out for my Crash VS Spyro review, since it'll likely get done soon after this one. Thanks for reading!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Every Death Battle Season 8 Episode Reviewed In 10 Words or Less

Review: Sasuke VS Hiei

Review: Leon Kennedy VS Frank West